Remembering everyone’s ‘friend’ Matthew Perry

Actor Matthew Perry poses at the premiere for “Ride.” Perry died at the age of 54 and was most known for his role as Chandler Bing on the show “Friends.” (Rich Fury/Invision/AP, File)

Charismatic actor Matthew Perry died on Oct. 28. Best known for portraying Chandler Bing on the 1994 hit TV series “Friends,” Perry is a remarkable actor who has left a lasting impact on the world.

Perry skyrocketed to fame in the mid-1990s when he started on “Friends,” according to Biography.com. Perry starred on “Friends” alongside David Schwimmer, Courteney Cox, Matt LeBlanc, Lisa Kudrow and Jennifer Aniston. 

Even though Perry was best known for playing Chandler on “Friends,” he was also in numerous movies that stand the test of time.

Here are five of Perry’s works that will be beloved by people for years to come. 

“17 Again”

Released in 2009, “17 Again” is a comedy-romance film that portrays the main character Mike O’Donnell – played by Zac Efron – as a high school basketball player. Perry plays the adult version of Mike O’Donnell in the film.

In “17 Again” Mike O’Donnell gets married to Scarlet — played by Leslie Mann. After the teenage version of Mike O’Donnell gets married, he starts a family with his wife. The adult version of Mike O’Donnell eventually gets to go back in time through a vortex to relive his high school years, in an attempt to make better decisions. 

This movie is the perfect representation of how wanting to relive life isn’t always as fun as it may seem. 

“Fools Rush In”

Released in 1997, “Fools Rush In” is a romantic-comedy that portrays a relationship between Alex Whitman and Isabel Fuentes, respectively played by Perry and Salma Hayek. Whitman and Fuentes have a one-night stand, and Fuentes becomes pregnant. After Whitman finds out that Fuentes is pregnant, he leaves his life behind to marry her.

This movie displays the true testament of love, when someone is willing to give up their ordinary life for a more fulfilling one. 

“The Ron Clark Story”

Released in 2006, “The Ron Clark Story” is based on a true story around the life of Ron Clark. Perry has a standout role in this film, playing Clark, a teacher that moves from a school in North Carolina to one in New York. Perry’s character wants to work with disadvantaged kids, even though they are disruptive. Perry’s character attempts – and eventually succeeds – to help the disadvantaged students get good scores on the state tests.

“The Ron Clark Story” is the perfect motivational movie that encourages viewers to follow their dreams and not give up when they experience difficulties. 

“Three to Tango”

Released in 1999, “Three To Tango” is a romantic-comedy that is the epitome of a love triangle. Perry plays Oscar Novak, who all of the other characters in the movie assume is gay. Dylan McDermott and Neve Campbell respectively play the characters Charles Newman and Amy Post. Amy is Charles’ mistress. The three main characters in this film all wind up in a love triangle after Perry’s character starts developing feelings for Amy. 

“The Whole Nine Yards”

Released in 2000, “The Whole Nine Yards” is a comedy movie that tells the story of a dentist and a gangster. The character Oz Oseransky, played by Perry, is a struggling dentist who wants to turn in the gangster Jimmy Tudeski, who is played by Bruce Willis. Perry’s character wants to earn some of the reward that comes with turning in the gangster to the mob. 

Perry’s character in the film only turns in the gangster to the mob after pressure from his wife Sophie, who is played by Rosanna Arquette.

Just like Perry was there for fans of his work, we’ll all be there for him for years to come.