Matthew Perry remembered by students

+A+graphic+includes+two+people+and+kindness+logos.+Opinion+Columnist+Alberto+Briones+interviewed+students+about+the+late+Matthew+Perry.+%28Joey+Trella+%7C+Northern+Star%29
Joey Trella
A graphic includes two people and kindness logos. Opinion Columnist Alberto Briones interviewed students about the late Matthew Perry. (Joey Trella | Northern Star)

@niunorthernstar Alberto Briones asks NIU students how they remembered Matthew Perry 💔🎤 🎥Filmed and edited by Jenny Javkhlantugs #niu #northernillinois #matthewperry ♬ original sound – Northern Star

The world is overwhelmed with grief by the death of “Friends” star Matthew Perry. 

Perry, age 54, died at his home in Los Angeles on Oct. 28, according to Business Insider.

Many viewers watched “Friends” and felt they could relate to the characters. Perry’s character, Chandler Bing, was loved by fans for being witty and sarcastic and for the way he would get into ridiculous situations because of his inability to tell the truth.

“Friends” has been a beloved show of many for almost 30 years. When a well-known and liked figure like Perry dies, it’s a huge loss for fans who mourn the iconic actor.

Perry was clean and sober before his death, but he had a history of drug abuse and alcoholism, according to Variety

During the podcast interview “Q with Tom Power,” Perry mentioned he preferred to be remembered for helping others struggling with addiction, rather than for his role on “Friends.”

Perry was buried at Los Angeles’ Forest Lawn Memorial Park, surrounded by family members and “Friends,” according to Business Insider.

On the same day the death certificate was released, “Friends” actor Matt LeBlanc – who played Joey Tribbiani – took to Instagram to pay tribute to his co-star and friend. 

“It is with a heavy heart I say goodbye,” LeBlanc wrote on Instagram. “The times we had together are honestly among the favorite times of my life. It was an honor to share the stage with you and to call you my friend. I will always smile when I think of you and I’ll never forget you. Never. Spread your wings and fly brother you’re finally free. Much love. And I guess you’re keeping the 20 bucks you owe me.”

A couple of the other cast members have also paid tribute to their friend. 

“Matty, I love you so much and I know you are now completely at peace and out of any pain,” Jennifer Aniston said on Instagram. “I talk to you every day… Sometimes I can almost hear you saying ‘could you BE any crazier?’”