DeKalb gives back to the community

DeKalb County Community Foundation supported fifteen local nonprofit and community organizations with grants totaling $191,500.

Community Need Grants are disbursed to organizations who are in need of funding in DeKalb County. The grants are given out in the fall and spring of each year.

Applicants selected align with the grant’s interest areas: Arts and Culture, Education, Community development, Environmental & Animal Welfare and Health & Human Services.

With the grant, organizations like Lee Community Fire Protection District can function better to serve the community.

“Our current compressed air system is a mid-80s system donated from the Kirkland Fire Department to Lee in 2000,” said Chief Jason Aters of the Lee Community Fire Protection District. “We have to travel to Amboy during and after every call to replenish our air canisters since that is the closest system compatible to ours. With this grant, we will meet current NFPA and OSHA standards and save valuable volunteer time preparing for calls and, most importantly, keeping our volunteers safe during fires.”

The Community Needs Grants are provided by the Community Foundation and receive funding through Community Impact Funds, Field of Interest Funds and Donor Advised Funds. 

To donate to the Community Foundation, visit dekalbccf.org/donate or mail donations to the DeKalb County Community Foundation located at 475 DeKalb Avenue, Sycamore, IL 60178. For questions or additional information, email [email protected].