NIU to hold its Spring Involvement Fair

Sean Reed
Duke Ellington Ballroom is filled with different tables and students learning about different organizations at NIU. The Involvement Fair will take place from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on January 17th and 18th in the Holmes Student Center’s Duke Ellington Ballroom. (Cheyanne Quintanilla | Northern Star)

DeKALB –  The first week of the spring semester brings the 2024 Spring Involvement Fair, which will be lined up with many organizations looking to reach out to NIU students. 

The Spring Involvement Fair will be held from 11 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday Jan. 17 and Thursday Jan. 18 in the Duke Ellington Ballroom at the Holmes Student Center. 

This event is held each semester to encourage more students to connect with organizations that match their interests while also helping the organizations involved to grow and gain new members.  

On Wednesday, the clubs at the event will mainly be student organizations. Some examples of the clubs include Signing Huskies – NIU’s ASL club – the Anime Club and the NIU Circus Club. 

Van Tran, sophomore business administration major and co-president of the Circus Club, is looking forward to the semester’s involvement fair.  

“We’re mostly excited to meet new people at the involvement fair and open up our club to anyone who’s looking to learn some new skills or who just want to make friends,” Tran said. “Personally, I think this is important for the club because one of the original goals when starting the club was to interact with other students and getting to learn more about them individually.”       

Thursday, the organizations in attendance will be fraternities, sororities and NIU Departments. 

There are 32 sororities and fraternities attending, including Alpha Sigma Alpha, Alpha Sigma Phi and Alpha Sigma Omega Latin Sorority Inc., according to Natilee Morey, one of the graduate assistants working for the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life.    

For more information about the Spring Involvement Fair, students can contact the student involvement department: [email protected]