Delta Phi Epsilon to hold benefit for Cystic Fibrosis

By Michelle Isaacson

Delta Phi Epsilon sorority is sponsoring “Campus Faces,” a male talent contest at 7 p.m., Sunday in the Duke Ellington Ballroom of the Holmes Student Center.

Tracy Campbell, Delta Phi Epsilon coordinator of “Campus Faces,” said the money the sorority raises will go to their major philanthropy, Cystic Fibrosis.

Campbell said there are 13 contestants in “Campus Faces.” She said all Student Association recognized organizations were invited to participate in the talent show.

There are two categories in which the contestants will participate during the contest. Campbell said the talent division will be judged on creativity and originality, effort and performance.

Contestants also will answer an impromptu question which will be judged on the contestant’s response to the question.

Campbell said before the event contestants will go to the Delta Phi Epsilon house for dinner. During the dinner the girls will get a chance to meet the men and will vote on a “Mr. Congeniality” award which will be given at “Campus Faces.”

The sorority will have “penny-voting” in DuSable Hall and the hallway between the Pow Wow and the Blackhawk cafeteria in the student center on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

A picture of each contestant will be displayed on a container. Campbell said people can put money into the container of their favorite contestant.

Tickets for “Campus Faces” will be sold at the “penny-voting” tables for $2. Tickets also will be sold at the door for $3.

“Campus Faces” is similar to a “Deepher Dude” contest which the sorority has had in the past at The Jungle tavern. Campbell said the sorority changed the name, the location of the event, and several requirements because of bad publicity it received from last year’s “Deepher Dude” contest.