Students can still register to vote

Midterm Elections take place Tuesday Nov. 6, and students can still register to vote.

By Northern Star Staff

Figuring out how and where to vote can be difficult for anyone, but for college students there are even more questions. Midterm Elections are today, and students who haven’t voted or registered can still do so.

If you missed the deadline to send in an absentee ballot, there are still options that will allow you to vote. You can register to vote or change your address to vote in DeKalb County at the Polling Place affiliated with your address in DeKalb, or register at at an Election Day Registration Center. The Holmes Student Center is the closest Registration Center for those on campus, though the other two are not far.

Polling Places are open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. when voting will close. To register at your Polling Place, identify where that Polling Place is as each one covers a different jurisdiction of addresses. This can be done by putting you address here.

Make sure to bring a drivers license and proof of residency such as mail with your name and address. These things will be required for you to register to vote. If you are doing an address change, you will go through the same formal process and an election judge will ask where you were previously registered to vote.

Once the form is filled out, which only takes about ten minutes, you will be able to receive your ballot and vote in the 2018 Midterm Election.

For more information, visit the DeKalb County Clerk website.