Study habits college students should learn

By Ashley Hines

I’m sure college students probably need better study habits. We all worry about getting enough study hours in because of either our social life, work or extracurricular activities. If you’re one of these students, who needs better ways to study, you’re about to learn many new ways!

Go Paperless

Instead of carrying your heavy textbooks around, you can most likely find them online and read while you’re eating at the dining hall. This is easier because it allows you to do your reading anywhere with an Internet connection. Plus, you should be able to highlight any important information with your smartphone.

Make Notecards

If you need to memorize words and definitions for tests, making yourself a pair of notecards will help you. Writing down what you need to memorize helps you remember it better. You can also take these with you anywhere since they are small and portable.

Make yourself questions that might be on the test and get you to remember the material easier. Often doing this will help you remember keys parts of the information you need to know. Ask questions that require thinking.

Highlighting

Highlighting tricky text will help you to read over key parts while studying. While you’re doing your homework, make sure you highlight important details so you can make studying more effective!

Quizlet

If paper notecards aren’t your thing, try Quizlet. There are many different ways to study on this free website. Also, you can download the app onto your smartphone for easier access.

Study Groups

Studying with other students, particularly in the same class, will allow you to learn other study habits from your peers as well as help each other learn the material. We’re all in this together!

via GIPHY

Lastly, make sure you give yourself time to study. Earning good grades requires putting in the time and effort.