NIU President to update on program prioritization

Provost Lisa Freeman (left) addresses the crowd as NIU President Doug Baker stands by at the town hall meeting April 27 in the Holmes Student Center Regency Room.

By Northern Star Staff

A campus wide Town Hall meeting set by President Doug Baker will be taking place Sept. 22 to continue discussion on program prioritization.

The last Town Hall meeting took place April 27 where President Baker encouraged students to get involved in program prioritization by providing feedback. Baker said that feedback is an important step moving forward with the initiative because it influences a lot of the decision making involved.

At this month’s meeting, which will take place at 10:30 a.m. in the Holmes Student Center Regency Room, attendees will receive an update on program prioritization and where it stands today. Other topics for the meeting include enrollment and recruitment efforts and the NIU Plus program, which allows students to explore interests through a pathways degree program.

For those interested but unable to attend, the meeting will also be streamed online at NIU Today and on digital channel 20.1, campus cable television.