SA OKs 4 executive nominations

Dillon Domke (left), Student Association Senate speaker, shakes the hand of Christine Wang, SA Senate speaker-elect, as Domke formally swears Wang in as speaker Sunday at an SA Senate meeting in the Holmes Student Center, Sky Room.

By Leah Nicolini

Four executive director nominees selected by incoming Student Association President Giuseppe LaGioia were approved at an SA Senate meeting Sunday.

Christine Wang, SA Senate speaker-elect, was sworn into her position by SA Senate Speaker Dillon Domke.

Public Affairs

Lark Lewis, SA director-elect of Public Affairs, said one of her goals is to increase the SA’s Twitter followers to 1,500 people and get 500 Instagram followers. The SA has 996 Twitter followers and 274 Instagram followers as of Sunday.

The director of Public Affairs should communicate with students and address community concerns, according to the SA Bylaws.

Mass Transit

Logyn Hoxworth, SA director-elect of Mass Transit, prepared for the position by riding the Huskie Line and noting any issues in order to make the routes more efficient.

The director of Mass Transit should oversee the Huskie Bus Line and Freedom Mobile, university transportation and road maintenance, according to SA Bylaws.

Hoxworth will base route changes on feedback from an NIU summer consultant who will analyze current routes and infrastructure.

Athletics and Recreation

Michael Agro, SA director-elect of Athletics and Recreation, will reestablish the game-day Huskie Bus and will try to lift the transportation fee with restaurant sponsorships.

The director of Athletics and Recreation should communicate with the Division of Development and University Relations, sports associations and various alumni associations, according to the SA Bylaws.

Addressing how sports clubs on campus need more participation, Agro said he’ll advertise clubs more.

Academic Affairs

Jorge Jemison, SA director-elect of Academic Affairs, plans to incorporate advice from Rachel Jacob, SA director of Academic Affairs, which entails including a survey with faculty evaluations.

The director of Academic Affairs should recommend changes for NIU’s academic policy with the student advisory committees and the Faculty Senate opinions in mind, according to the SA Bylaws.