Pass/Fail: Pizzeria offers fun activities and food; Bike path should be on NIU campus

By Angela Pagan

Pass

Pizzeria offers fun activities and food

The space that used to be Rosy’s Roadhouse, 930 Pappas Drive, will soon be a Rosati’s Pizza, and it is great to know that a new venue will be available for food and fun.

Although I did not come to NIU until after Rosy’s closed, I have heard many people talk about what a fun place it was and how much it will be missed. I have always wondered what kind of business would take over and a pizza place/sports pub seems like a good replacement. Pizza is a staple food for college students, so another pizza place will only benefit a college town. A new pizza pub that also offers karaoke and trivia nights will be a fun addition to the many dining options in DeKalb.

Fail

Bike path should be on NIU campus

The bike path that will be incorporated into the widened Peace Road would be better suited for another area. While I applaud DeKalb for attempting to accomodate bicycle transportation by creating the path, I think it would be better to put a bike path on a more student populated area. The path will extend from Lincoln Highway to Macom Drive, and Dekalb would like to work with NIU, according to a Thursday Northern Star article. If NIU will be involved, I think that more bike paths should be created on, or near, campus first. Biking to class should be safer.