Applications open for 2 SA director positions

Student Association senators attend an SA Senate meeting Oct. 25 in the Holmes Student Center, Sky Room. The SA Senate must approve the appointment of SA director positions.

By Northern Star staff

The Student Association is accepting applications for the positions of director of Academic Affairs and director of Cultural Affairs.

The director of Academic affairs is “responsible for monitoring and making recommendations for changes in university academic policy and serving as liaison to the Faculty Senate and all student advisory committees,” according to the SA Bylaws. The position was previously held by Timi Adeboje.

The director of Cultural Affairs is “responsible for promoting a diverse campus culture by encouraging cultural programming, ensuring support services are provided to underrepresented individuals and monitoring policies that affect minorities,” according to the SA Bylaws. The position was previously held by Sergio Gutierrez.

Applications are due by 4:30 p.m. Monday, according to Ari Owens, SA director of Public Affairs.

Students can go to niu.collegiatelink.net to apply through HuskieLink. Contact Owens at [email protected] for more information.