Registration Open for CES and URAD

By Northern Star staff

Registration for the 7th annual Undergraduate Research and Artistry day and 3rd annual Community Engagement Showcase is now open, according to an NIU news release. 

The registration deadline is March 4 and participants who register by Feb. 11 will receive $5 off a Spring 2016 or Fall 2016 GRE Basics workshop.

The Office of Student Engagement and Experiential Learning will hold the events 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. April 19 in the Holmes Student Center, Duke Ellington Ballroom. These events are free and open to the public.

Undergraduate Research and Artistry Day showcases work from students who have participated in a faculty-mentored research or artistry project such as USOAR or Research Rookies, according to the news release. Participants can showcase their work in a poster, exhibit, digital media display, or a 15-minute oral presentation. Go to bit.ly/1QwfpUa for more information about URAD or to register. Faculty and staff can register to become a URAD judge at bit.ly/1TkagiV.

The Community Engagement Showcase is for students who are involved in community-based projects through a service learning course or a student organization, such as Lambda Sigma, Huskie Alternative Breaks, or similar organizations. Go to bit.ly/1NvE3h8 for more information about CES or to register. 

Contact the Office of Student Engagement and Experiential Learning at 815-753-8154 or [email protected] for more information.