Pass: Police clear up rumored threat, Fail: Elburn shuttle should run earlier

By Sabreena Saleem

Pass

Police informed students that a social media post suspected of being a threat had no connection to NIU. “Y’all thought it was a joke last Friday,” a screenshot of the message read. “This time I’m not worried about the police.” The post was shared across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter on Friday morning, and many students said they were worried about going to class. Police took the social media screenshot seriously and figured out the threatening, racially charged language was directed at Northern High School in Durham, N.C. The police showed they are listening to students’ concerns, and cleared up the confusion by the afternoon, hopefully before too many students missed class.

Fail

HuskieLine’s Elburn shuttle doesn’t run until after 3 p.m. on Fridays and Sundays, which is way too late. DeKalb and Chicago are in their final weeks of nice weather, and it’d be nice to get to the city for the day. Unfortunately, the first shuttle to Elburn departs at 3:25 p.m., meaning the earliest train riders can take is at 4:25 p.m., and they won’t arrive in Chicago until almost 6 p.m. The Greyhound shuttle and cab services to Elburn are great alternatives, but cost more. Students should be prepared to dish out extra cash if they want to make it to Chicago in time to still see daylight.