CAUSE to teach social entrepreneurism at third annual Social Impact Summit

Senior marketing major Laine Smid (left) and sophomore accountancy major Chloe Pooler (right) converse with Rok Teasley of the Peace Corps Monday at Careers for a CAUSE. The Peace Corps was one of several organizations and businesses that attended Careers for a CAUSE at the Barsema Alumni & Visitor’s Center. The event encouraged students to attend so they could network with companies and executives.

By Northern Star staff

CAUSE will hold its third annual Social Impact Summit 8:30 a.m. April 10 in the Barsema Alumni and Visitors Center.

The summit is held to teach students about social entrepreneurism and to facilitate networking.

Breakfast and registration will run 8:30 to 9:15 a.m. An opening speech from CAUSE and guest speaker Stacy Ratner will run 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. There will be panels throughout the day featuring a team of NIU social entrepreneurs. Lunch will be provided.

Tickets to the event are $5 for students plus a $1.27 fee and $20 for non-students plus a $2.09 fee. Go to bit.ly/1Crtj3X to purchase tickets.