Homecoming 2014 Events

Freshman nursing major Amber Black (right) hands sophomore education major Carsie Barnes a free T-shirt Monday at the Homecoming Kick-Off Rally in the Martin Luther King Jr. Commons. The rally featured free T-shirts, hot dogs, burgers and ice cream made with liquid nitrogen. The rally also served as an opportunity for Homecoming Court candidates to introduce themselves to students.

By Northern Star Staff

Thursday

Lip Sync Competition will be held at 7 p.m. in the Holmes Student Center.

Yell Like Hell Competition will be held at 7 p.m. in the Convocation Center.

Friday

Homecoming Parade starts at 4:30 p.m. at the intersection of Third Street and Lincoln Highway.

Bonfire and Pep Rally will be held at 7 p.m. at the West Lagoon.

Women’s soccer will face Buffalo at 7 p.m. at the Soccer and Track & Field Complex.

College Craze will be held at 11 p.m. in the Holmes Student Center, Duke Ellington Ballroom. Students need to bring their OneCards.

Saturday

The Homecoming 5K starts at 7:45 a.m. at the Recreation Center. Race day registration is $30.

The Yard Pre-Game Tailgate begins at noon near Huskie Stadium. There will be food, a beer garden and free live music, as well as a Kids’ Zone.

The football game will start at 4 p.m. at Huskie Stadium. Read a preview on the Back Page.

Go to bit.ly/1vRvWVb for more events.