Health survey offers reward for select students

By Robert Baird

A random selection of 4,000 students have received an email to fill out a National College Health Assessment (NCHA) survey. Of those who complete the survey, 15 will have a chance to win $100.

According to Alicia Czachowski, assistant director of Health Enhancement, the randomly selected students are asked to fill out 66 multiple choice questions. Surveys are due by 11:59 p.m. Friday.

The questions pertain to national college health, wellness and safety, Czachowski said in the email. She said the questions will ask students about what health information they receive from the university and what they want to receive information about. The survey’s intention is to relay information on alcohol and drug use, as well as information on exercise, nutrition and sexual health, Czachowski said in the email.

The survey is performed every two years. It also provides the school basic demographic data, Czachowski said in the email.

Health Enhancement uses the information from the surveys to decide future programming and relay the information to other departments on campus, including Health Services and Campus Recreation.

To contact Health Enhancement for more information, visit www.niu.edu/health/contactus/index.shtml.