Campus blotter for 11/30/11

By Northern Star staff

The following was taken from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

October 29

• At 3:00 a.m., officers responded to Grant Towers South for a report of a sexual assault. A thorough investigation revealed insufficient evidence. Both people involved were referred to the NIU Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.

November 7

• At 12:45 p.m., officers responded to the fifth floor of Stevenson A Tower for a report of harassment. Upon arrival, they met a student who said a person she knows is harassing and threatening her through Twitter. After a thorough investigation, the person was referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards for harassment.

Monday

• At 11:12 a.m., a person reported a theft. She said she placed her purse in the catering office closet in the Holmes Student Center at 8:30 a.m. and upon her return at 9:30 a.m., she noticed money missing. An investigation did not reveal a suspect. Pending further leads, this case is administratively closed.
  • At 10:34 p.m., officers responded to the 10th floor of Stevenson D Tower regarding possession of cannabis and possible drug paraphernalia. They met with a resident of the suspected room, which revealed cannabis and drug paraphernalia. The resident was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.
  • At 10:43 p.m., an officer responded to the Lincoln Hall lobby for a theft report. Upon arrival, he met with a student, who said someone stole her USB jump drive from the Lincoln Hall Computer Lab when she accidentally left it in a computer. This case is pending investigation.