Campus blotter for 10/13/11

By Northern Star staff

The following was taken from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

Saturday

• Between 12:10 and 1:37 p.m., an officer on patrol of the Huskie Stadium East Tailgate observed three minors drinking an alcoholic beverages. The officer referred all three students to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.

Monday

• At 10:30 p.m., an officer observed a vehicle traveling at a high speed. Contact with the driver resulted in her being referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful possession of alcohol by a minor.

Tuesday

• At 10:39 a.m., an officer encountered a person banned from NIU property. The person was escorted from NIU property and given a verbal warning for criminal trespassing.
  • At 4:12 p.m., an officer responded to the NIU PD’s EMP Lobby for a report of a wallet theft. The woman said she lost her wallet at the Holmes Student Center. Due to no leads, this case is administratively closed.
  • At 11:17 p.m. officers responded to Founders Memorial Library for a fight in progress. Upon arrival, they met the involved couple. Shen Wang, 24, of DeKalb, was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct.