Campus blotter for 10/27/11

By Northern Star staff

The following was taken from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

Tuesday

• At 8:30 p.m., Charles C. Handcox, 18, of Chicago, was arrested and charged with illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor due to an incident on Sept. 30 where he was were referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor. Handcox requested medical attention at the time and was told that a warrant would be sought for his arrest.
  • At 8:34 a.m. an officer in the Northern View Community Safety Center responded to Building 3A regarding a report of a broken window. Investigation led to the identification of the offender and resident. The offender was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for Criminal Damage to State Supported Property. The resident was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor. This case is pending further investigation.
  • At 11:44 p.m., officers responded to Grant Towers regarding a report of criminal damage to property. The officers investigation revealed the identity of the student who did the damage. This case is cleared refusal to cooperate.