Christian band plays on campus

By Stephanie Kohl

A little rain did not stop the Campus Missions International band from singing its praises in the King Memorial Commons Monday afternoon.

“Our strategy is ‘air strike’ – love of God – and ‘ground invasion’ – love each other and those on the campus of NIU,” according to a flyer handed out by members of the ministry.

The band consists of six people: Tim Taylor, lead guitarist and DeKalb resident; Rachel May, guitarist and DeKalb resident; Aaron Puckett, drummer and NIU alumnus; Mark Dreyer, bassist and music education graduate student; Paulette Wooten, keyboardist from North Carolina and Molly Williams, lead singer and also from North Carolina.

The songs played were written by Wooten and Williams, who are also members of the Morningstar Ministries in North Carolina, as well as by Campus Missions International.

“Our goal is to shower people with the love of Jesus,” said Wendy Marshall, president of Campus Missions International.

Observers of the performance engaged in prayer and dance as the band played on.

“Jesus deserves praise and it’s good because he fills you with joy,” said Kerry Overlin, physical education and dance graduate student as she stopped for a moment to catch her breath.

The Campus Missions International band will play today through Thursday in the MLK Commons from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. It also will hold a prophetic worship and intercession in the Diversions Lounge of the Holmes Student Center today at 7 p.m. as well as at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the HSC’s Regency Room. The Campus Missions International band also will perform there.