Workers have month for ethics training

By Laurel Marselle

All NIU employees are required to complete a mandatory ethics training program between Oct. 18 and Nov. 17 to fulfill requirements of the State Officials and Employees Ethics Act.

The training is a self-administered, interactive, one-hour program that is accessed online. The method has been approved and is required by the state of Illinois. The training and quiz takes about one hour to complete.

All part-time and full-time faculty, supportive professional staff, operating staff, graduate assistants, hourly student workers and extra help employees are required to participate.

Employees logon to the state of Illinois Ethics Training site, www.etcc.il.gov, from their computer at work during normally scheduled work hours to complete the training and quiz.

Employees may complete the training any time during the 30-day period. The site can be accessed from any home or office computer that has Internet capability.

Student workers should be given time and work station access to complete the training during their normal work schedule. Student workers can also access the training at any campus student computer lab.

Each employee will logon to the state Web site using the given formula involving the name and the month and day of birth as a User ID.

The User ID, required for login, is based on the following format: first name+middle initial+last name+month born+day of month born. For example, John L. Smith, born June 5, would login as: johnlsmith0605. All employees must enter “illinois1” as a password.

For any questions, contact Human Resources at 753-6000.