Weekly events: Week of Sept. 14

By Northern Star Staff

Monday 

Tuesday 

Wednesday 

Thursday 

Friday 

• Last day:  Friday is the last day for undergraduate students to process a course withdrawal from a first-half-semester course through their college advising office or the Academic Advising Office for those with no college affiliation. 
  • Huskie Pride Corn Maze at Jonamac Orchard: Jonamac Orchard, 19412 Shabbona Road. Malta, is celebrating NIU’s 125th Anniversary with a 10-acre corn maze through Oct. 31. The Day Time Maze fee is included in general admission pricing of $5 per person. The Corn Maze Flashlight Night will take place Saturdays in September; the corn maze and cider house will be open from 6 to 9 p.m. Last entry to the Corn Maze is 8:30 p.m.Visit the Jonamac Orchard website for more information. 
  • Center for Southeast Asian Studies – Virtual Graduate Colloquium Lecture: Jacob Shell, a professor at Temple University, will present a lecture titled “Elephant Riders of the Burmese and Kachin Forestlands: Evasive Mobility, Vadological Geography and Mahuto-Futurism” from 3 to 4 p.m. via Microsoft Teams. Contact Rachael Skog at 815-753-1595 or at [email protected] for more information.
  • Free Fitness Friday – Zumba: Recreation and Wellness will host a free group fitness class from 4 to 4:40 p.m. via Zoom. Contact Leanne Kulchawik at [email protected] for more information.