Weekly horoscopes: Oct. 20 to Oct. 26

Getty Images

Zodiac constellations on background of hand drawn astrological symbols in engraving style.

By Abigail Lamoreaux, Chief Copy Editor

Do things still feel crazy? Mercury has left retrograde, but now there comes a brief period of the retrograde’s dying breaths before the planet fully comes back to direct. We’re not out of the woods yet. We must keep pushing forward with special attention to how we talk about others.

Aries

Have no fear! You have a good head on your shoulders and you know how to problem-solve. The colder, rainy weather of the past week hasn’t been kind to you. Counteract that gloom by lighting a candle (if you live off-campus) or playing a fireplace ambience video.

Taurus

Consider crying. You’ve been holding in your emotions for too long while trying to stay afloat, and now it’s time to release them. There’s no shame in tears. They just mean you’re human.

Gemini

Express yourself with honesty. Even if you have no problem holding back your words, your wonderfully unique self expression will be greatly appreciated by your peers. We want to hear what you have to say.

Cancer

Take a look at where your priorities lie and adjust them if they feel off. You’re in a rigorous balancing act right now and it’s difficult for you to think clearly. Trying some meditation or mindfulness practices will help with this.

Leo

Hone in on your specific talents. If you spread yourself too thin, your recovery will be slow and painful. By only developing two or three main skills at a time, you’ll find an easier rhythm as you go about your day-to-day life.

Virgo

What interests you? Allow yourself to fall down a rabbit hole. Let your passions lead you to places yet undiscovered. Don’t go overboard with it, though. You still have a job to do, and you need to be able to focus.

Libra

Happy birth season! Enjoy it while it still lasts. It may be tempting to luxuriate at this time, but you need to keep yourself grounded and determined in the days to come. Patience will serve you well.

Scorpio

Find reasons to love yourself. Right now, tensions are high, and it will serve you to be gentle with yourself. Don’t shame your body or mind for not being exactly how you (or society) expect them to be.

Sagittarius

Protect your energy. You don’t need to justify yourself to everyone you meet. You are good enough as you are, and you shouldn’t have to spend your precious time on earth convincing people of that.

Capricorn

Are you feeling generous? Lean into that aspect of yourself, even if you don’t like it. The people around you will respect you more. Revisit a childhood memory or a favorite classic movie to let nostalgia fuel your creative pursuits.

Aquarius

Break one of your self-destructive habits. Exercising discipline with yourself might be good to consider, whether that means you can then take better care of others or just yourself. Either way, get into a mindset of growth.

Pisces

Visit a park, pumpkin patch or nature reserve. You crave peace away from the pressures and expectations of social life. Embrace nature as it changes with the season.