Weekly events: Week of Oct. 25

Weekly+events.

Getty Images

Weekly events.

By Northern Star Staff

Monday

• Why Cite? Avoiding Plagiarism: Giving credit where credit is due is vitally important in academic writing. Join the Huskie Academic Success Center and Orientation and First Year Programs for this workshop at noon in the Holmes Student Center, Heritage Room.
  • Overcoming Fear: Retraining Your Brain: During this training, students will gain an understanding of the origins of their fears and the ways in which they can manage fear. The event will be virtual at 1 p.m., register here.
  • Well-O-Ween: Open Mic – Roommate Horror Stories: Help others to learn about how to navigate roommate troubles. This event is at 6 p.m. in the Holmes Student Center, OASIS Space.

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

• SAP Appeal Process Overview and Q&A: Financial Advisors will provide a brief overview of what SAP is, the requirements to meet SAP, and explain the different SAP statuses. The event will be at 3 p.m. via Microsoft Teams.
  • Well-O-Ween: Animal Moves Yoga: Students will utilize some Hatha yoga and explore other animalistic movements that are both fun and challenging. The event will be at 6 p.m. in the Student Recreation Center, Glass Gallery.
  • Well-O-Ween: De-Stress Fest: Stop by the de-stress fest for some self-care activities, giant board games, painting, treats, and more. The event will be at 6 p.m. in the Holmes Student Center, OASIS Space.
  • Yoga: Students can connect their mind and body with yoga poses, balance, conscious breathing, and relaxation. The event will be at 6 p.m. in the Student Recreation Center, Fitness Studio B.

Friday