Best college football matchups for Nov. 13

Penn+State+quarterback+Sean+Clifford+throws+a+pass+Maryland+during+the+second+half+of+an+NCAA+college+football+game%2C+Saturday%2C+Nov.+6%2C+2021%2C+in+College+Park%2C+Md.+Penn+State+won+31-14.+

Julio Cortez | Associated Press

Penn State quarterback Sean Clifford throws a pass Maryland during the second half of an NCAA college football game, Saturday, Nov. 6, 2021, in College Park, Md. Penn State won 31-14.

By Waleed Alamleh, Sports Reporter

With just under a month left in the 2021 college football season and the clock ticking on who will compete in the college football playoffs, there’s plenty of great matchups between the top 25 teams this weekend that could determine which four teams are left standing in January. 

Michigan @ Penn State 

The University of Michigan Wolverines (No. 9) visits No. 23 Penn. State University Nittany Lions for a Big Ten matchup this Saturday that could have huge implications for Michigan’s playoff hopes. After losing to No. 8 Michigan State University Spartans two weeks ago the Wolverines dropped to 5-1 in the conference and 8-1 overall, yet it is still in a good spot to make a run at the playoffs with a win Saturday. The Nittany Lions are most likely out of playoff contention with three losses on their record already, so they will look to play for the upset over their conference foes. The game kicks off at 11 a.m. in University Park, Penn. 

Texas A&M @ Ole Miss 

No. 11 Texas A&M University Aggies is coming off a very impressive win last week over No. 16 Auburn University, holding the Tigers to just three points. The Aggies rank fourth in the Southeastern Conference in total defensive rankings according to secsports.com. A&M has a tough matchup coming up when they visit  #12 University of Mississippi Rebels. Ole Miss is currently ranked first in yards per game with 524.22 yards. Both teams are currently 7-2, on the outside looking in for a spot in the CFP, but could still keep their playoff hopes alive with a win in this S.E.C matchup. The game starts at 6 pm, Saturday in Oxford, Mississippi. 

Oklahoma @ Baylor 

No. 4 University of Oklahoma will get its first real test since switching to freshman quarterback Caleb Williams over the struggling redshirt sophomore Spencer Rattler when it faces No. 18 Baylor University Bears. The Sooners (9-0) have played very well since making the switch to Williams, going 3-0 with Williams as the starter, scoring 52 points in two of those three games. As for the Bears(7-2), they are coming off a tough 30-28 loss against Texas Christian University. The Bears are currently on a seven-game losing streak to the Sooners and are looking to win their first matchup since Nov.14, 2015. The Big 12 matchup takes place at 11 a.m Saturday in Waco, Texas.