Weekly events: Week of Nov. 15

Weekly+events.

Getty Images

Weekly events.

By Northern Star Staff

Monday

Tuesday

• Undocumented Ally Training: The Office of Undocumented Student Support offers undocumented ally training to NIU faculty, staff and students each semester. Participants learn how to be effective advocates for undocumented students. The event will be at 9 a.m. in the Holmes Student Center, Duke Ellington Ballroom.
  • Virtual International Recognition Reception: Students are invited to the Virtual International Recognition Reception to honor individuals in the NIU community for their contributions and achievements in international education during the past year. The event will be at noon via Zoom. Students must register to attend.
  • State of the University Address: Join fellow Huskies in person from 3 to 4 p.m. at the Barsema Alumni and Visitors Center for President Freeman’s annual State of the University address and Q&A session.
  • Search for Your Future: Finding Internship & Job Openings: Interested in putting your skills and academic preparation to work?  Learn the basics of the internship and job search process. The event will be at 4 p.m. via Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday

• Conversation with the Provost: Executive Vice President and Provost Ingram invites students to join her for an open conversation with fellow Huskies. The event will be at 2:30 p.m. in Wirtz Hall, Room 116.
  • Study Abroad Opportunities with ISA: Virtual information session on semester, summer, and winter break study abroad programs offered through the Study Abroad Office by ISA. The event will be at 3 p.m., register here.
  • NIU Football Watch Party: Come to Fatty’s starting at 5:30 p.m. in the Novak room for the best NIU football watch party, supporting MAC West 1st place Huskies as they face the Buffalo Bulls. 

Thursday

Friday

• What I Embody Series: Fashion as Expression: In this session of “What I Embody,” the Gender and Sexuality Resource Center will collaborate with the Huskie Closet, an initiative of the Center for Nonprofit and NGO Studies, that provides free gently used clothing for NIU students. The event will be at 3 p.m. in the Chick Evans Field House, Room 102.
  • Women’s Rights in Islam: Women’s Rights in Islam will be a visual and informative presentation feature serval images of women in Islam. The event will be at 5 p.m. in the Campus Life Building, Room 100.