5 stores and services that offer student discounts

Getty Images

Sale signs, newspaper and flyers clippings.

By Madelaine Vikse, Editor-in-Chief

Most college students do not have a disposable income, so it is nice when there is a student discount of some sort available. These five stores and services, popular among students, offer student discounts that you should take advantage of if you haven’t already.

Spotify 

With Spotify, one can find podcasts and create playlists in addition to listening to music. Spotify Premium eliminates ads so that you can just listen to what you want without being interrupted. Spotify offers Spotify Premium Student, which also includes access to streaming platforms Hulu and SHOWTIME, as well as eliminates ads, all for $4.99 a month. 

Levi’s

Levi’s are known for their wide array of denim styles. The company offers students a 15% discount on all Levi’s apparel. To unlock it you just have to answer some questions to verify that you are a student.

Amazon

It’s no secret that Amazon is incredibly popular. Amazon offers Prime Student, which gives students access to the benefits of Amazon Prime for a free six month trial period. After the trial, students can receive a discounted price on their Amazon Prime subscription which comes to $6.49 a month in comparison to the usual $12.99 a month. Some of the benefits that come with the membership include free shipping, exclusive deals as well as access to Amazon Prime Video.

Nike

Nike carries a variety of athletic wear from shoes to jackets to leggings. The brand offers a 10% student discount off of most items. In order to access the student discount you will have to verify your age and that you are a student. It is important to note that the discount can only be redeemed online on the store’s website or in the Nike app and can only be used once every 30 days.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Students can have access to Adobe Creative Cloud applications for 60% off the normal price. The discount is $19.99 for one month and $29.99 after, which is still more affordable than the regular price of $52.99 a month. Some of the applications included in this deal are Photoshop, Lightroom and Illustrator.