Waka Flocka Flame to perform at Homecoming, tickets on sale

Donald Traill/Invision/AP

Waka Flocka Flame and DJ Whoo Kid will perform at NIU’s Homecoming on Oct. 1 (Donald Traill/Invision/Associated Press)

By Madelaine Vikse, Editor-in-Chief

NIU’s Homecoming Concert this year will feature Waka Flocka Flame with DJ Whoo Kid.

Tickets go on sale starting at 8 a.m. Friday for students and guests, as each student can bring one guest. Faculty and staff tickets will go on sale starting Sept. 23. Student tickets will be $5, while guest, faculty and staff tickets will be $10. To purchase tickets for this event, click here.

Doors open for the concert at 7 p.m. and the show will begin at 8 p.m. The concert will take place on Saturday, Oct. 1 in the Duke Ellington Ballroom, located in the Holmes Student Center.

To get into the concert, you will need your NIU OneCard. Guests must also provide a college or military ID upon entry and all guest tickets must be purchased by a current NIU student. There will be no refunds on tickets and tickets are not transferable. Those without tickets will not be allowed to enter. All personal belongings brought to the event must follow NIU’s Clear Bag Policy. For a list of what is prohibited and what is allowed, click here.

The Campus Activities Board is hosting the concert; the Center for Black Studies as well as the NIU Art and Culture Fee is sponsoring it.