Career Services to host ‘First Impression Networking Night’

Getty Images

Two buisness people networking at a conference while having a beverage. The “First Impressions Networking Night” will take place on Tuesday, Nov. 15 at the Capitol Room of the Holmes Student Center. (Photo courtesy of Getty Images)

By Caleb Johnson, Lifestyle Writer

DeKALB – On Nov. 15 from 6 to 7 p.m. NIU Career Services is hosting a “First Impression Networking Night” in the Capitol Room of the Holmes Student Center. 

In this event, students are invited to practice their networking and communication based skill set. Attendees will be given a selection of prompts to mimic real networking opportunities. 

After this, attendees will receive  constructive criticism meant to help them achieve greatness and success in their next interview or networking opportunity. 

According to Career Services, they have received positive feedback from students in past events. Many students reported wishing they could have participated sooner in their educational journeys and that these events help them build confidence.  

Career Services urges students to take advantage of this opportunity to improve their networking skills and gain more experience. 

The event is intended for students and alumni and attendees are required to register through Huskies Get Hired.