Women’s History Month event calendar

Womens+History+Month+written+on+a+March+2023+calendar+in+front+of+a+wood+background.+

Getty Images

Women’s History Month written on a March 2023 calendar in front of a wood background.

By Eli Tecktiel, Lifestyle Writer

Celebrate Women’s History Month with these upcoming events at NIU, presented by the Gender and Sexuality Resource Center.

March 1-3, 2023: “Women’s history is…” photo series

Students can have their photo taken and talk about what women’s history means to them. The event will take place in the Holmes Student Center at table #3 across from Qdoba.

March 6, 2023: WGAA Celebrates Women

The Women and Gender Advocacy Alliance will be hosting an event featuring games looking at the history of women at 3 p.m.

March 8, 2023: Womanist Wednesday

At 11 a.m., The Gender and Sexuality Resource Center will be hosting The Origins of Women’s History Month: Understanding How Women’s History Month Came to Be, an interactive event that dives into the history of women’s history.

March 23, 2023: Historical Women in Greek Life

Fraternity and Sorority Life will be hosting an interactive event examining the impacts that have been made by numerous sorority women. The event will take place at 1 p.m. in the conference room at the Gender and Sexuality Resource Center.

March 24, 2023: bell hooks Essay/Artistry Contest deadline

The Gender and Sexuality Resource Center and Center for the Study of Women, Gender and Sexuality are encouraging students to write an essay or create a work of art that responds to the prompt: “Rarely, if ever, are any of us healed in isolation. Healing is an act of communion.” Email submissions are due to [email protected] by noon, March 24.

March 29, 2023: Highlighting Women in Counseling and Higher Education

A panel will be hosted by NIU women who are in the counseling field at 9 a.m. on March 29 in the Sky Room at the Holmes Student Center. Attendees will receive a free breakfast.