CURE to present undergraduate research, engagement projects

Northern Star File Photo

The training will take place from 9 a.m. to noon in the Holmes Student Center.

By Kaitlyn Lee-Gordon, News Reporter

DeKALB – The Office of Student Learning and Engagement will hold a conference on undergraduate research and engagement (CURE).

CURE is a conference held to help students present their projects for the opportunity to be awarded. The event will be from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 18 at the Holmes Student Center.

The conference allows undergraduate students to display their research artistry or engagement projects through posters and exhibits during the event. These projects are part of the student’s capstone, senior project, community engagement project, courses, independent study or funded research and artistry program.

Registration for presenters is open throughout the week, with March 10 being the last day to sign-up. Undergraduates may register by following the instructions listed on the Office of Student Engagement and Experiential Learning’s website. Workshops to aid presenters will be held March 23 and April 3.

CURE is currently looking for NIU faculty, students, alumni and graduate students to volunteer as judges for the conference. To learn how to register as a judge, visit the site for the Office of Student Engagement and Experiential Learning. 

For more information concerning the event, contact the Office of Student Engagement and Experiential Learning at [email protected] or visit NIU’s event calendar.