Food and drink recommendations written in the stars

Star+shaped+cracked+arranged+in+the+shape+of+the+zodiac+symbol+for+virgo.+The+horoscopes+for+this+week+pair+each+sign+up+with+a+different+food+ideal+for+their+mood+this+week.+

Getty Images

Star shaped cracked arranged in the shape of the zodiac symbol for virgo. The horoscopes for this week pair each sign up with a different food ideal for their mood this week.

By Abigail Lamoreaux, Chief Copy Editor

Spring break has come to a close, which means horoscopes are starting up again. To welcome us back, every sign has a recommended food or beverage to match the energy of the week ahead.

Aries (March 21 – April 20)

Your meal: Decaf coffee

You don’t need to prove yourself to anyone, despite what you may think. Let your natural charisma and passions carry you forward. Trust that you don’t need outside help or validation to get what you want from life.

Taurus (April 21 – May 20)

Your meal: Breakfast burrito

Emulate the humble breakfast burrito this week: on the outside, be warm, but don’t attract too much attention. On the inside, be colorful and alive, letting all your diverse interests come together in a wholesome array of flavors.

Gemini (May 21 – June 21)

Your meal: Mashed potatoes

You need something reliable and sustainable this week as we transition back into the hustle culture of college life. Eat with butter, chives, gravy, garlic or sauerkraut – just don’t let your experience become boring, because you deserve better than boring.

Cancer (June 22 – July 22)

Your meal: Veggie wrap

Go with light and simple foods that you can pack full of flavor this week. Much like veggie wraps, you may have a lot going on under the surface, but you might not often have the chance to show it. This isn’t a bad quality to have – in fact, it might work in your favor.

Leo (July 23 – Aug. 23)

Your meal: Short ribs

You’re good at maintaining the illusion of being well-put together. What’s keeping you from living it up a little, and perhaps getting just a bit messy? Let yourself go wild when the time is right. Maybe bring some baby wipes with you, just in case.

Virgo (Aug. 24 – Sept. 23)

Your meal: Lemonade

Are you excited for the impending warmer weather? You should be! You might find that letting yourself enjoy this period in your life will provide you with a natural energy boost that will keep you motivated through to the end of the semester.

Libra (Sept. 24 – Oct. 23)

Your meal: Potstickers

The pressure to be perfect can be overwhelming at times. If you feel this pressure, know that you’re not alone. Let circumstances play on you as they will, and when you reach the other side, you’ll be better equipped to handle the next obstacle.

Scorpio (Oct. 24 – Nov. 22)

Your meal: Pita and hummus

Stick to the classics this week. You may not have time or energy to fuss over what new or exciting business you “should” get working on. Making sure you have enough nutrients to power through the day should count as doing “enough,” whatever that means.

Sagittarius (Nov. 23 – Dec. 21)

Your meal: Your favorite ice cream

It can be so easy to take what you have for granted. Cherish the little things while you still have them. Enjoy nights out (or in) with friends; read a new book by incense and candlelight; in short, extract as much joy as you can from this time in your life.

Capricorn (Dec. 22 – Jan. 20)

Your meal: Esquites (AKA Mexican street corn/elote)

Nostalgic for some, exotic for others, what you need right now is corn in a cup. Don’t question it, just accept it. Let the flavor profile speak to you and tell you what you need from others and what they need from you.

Aquarius (Jan. 21 – Feb. 19)

Your meal: A freshly harvested carrot

Eat some dirt. You probably did as a kid, accidentally or otherwise. Whether you decide to fully embrace a childlike state this week is up to you, but you deserve to feel connected to the earth, even if you go about it in an unexpected (or unsanitary) way.

Pisces (Feb. 20 – March 20)

Your meal: Kebabs

You might not know what you want from life right now, and if so, that’s OK! Choose a little bit of everything to satiate your momentary indecision, and eventually, what you gravitate most toward could end up being a viable answer to your problems.