Happy media to watch this weekend

Jim+Parsons+and+Johnny+Galecki+during+The+Big+Bang+Theory+panel+at+San+Diego+Comic-Con.+The+Big+Bang+Theory+is+one+of+the+shows+you+should+watch+this+weekend.+

Wikimedia Commons

Jim Parsons and Johnny Galecki during “The Big Bang Theory” panel at San Diego Comic-Con. “The Big Bang Theory” is one of the shows you should watch this weekend.

By Emily Beebe, Senior Opinion Columnist

Coming back to school after a spring break that felt too short can be upsetting, so here are some recommendations that will brighten your mood.

Lemonade Mouth (Disney+)

“Lemonade Mouth” is, in my opinion, one of the most underrated Disney movies of all time. “Lemonade Mouth” is a Disney Channel Original movie that has an amazing cast with Bridget Mendler playing the main character Olivia White. The cast also consists of Adam Hicks, Hayley Kiyoko, Naomi Scott and Blake Michael. This movie was also directed by Patricia Riggen. Although more like a musical type movie than any other genre, the music in the movie is sure to get you dancing and singing along. The music is upbeat and is sure to brighten your mood. 

The movie is about a group of high school students that all wind up getting detention together. They eventually become friends and decide to form a band together. Throughout the movie, it follows the triumphs and struggles that the students face when creating their band and their music. This is a heartwarming story that touches on the power of music, friendship and self-expression.

The Big Bang Theory (CBS)

“The Big Bang Theory” is a sitcom that aired on CBS from 2007-2019. Although the show is not as popular nowadays, it definitely has moments throughout that will make you laugh out loud and instantly put a smile on your face. It was produced by Faye Oshima Belyeu. “The Big Bang Theory” is followed by“Young Sheldon” which is a show about the youth of one ot he main characters of “The Big Bang Theory” andis currently airing on CBS and Paramount+. “The Big Bang Theory consists of a star-studded cast that consists of Jim Parsons playing the main character Sheldon Cooper, Kaley Cuoco, Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch. 

“The Big Bang Theory” revolves around the characters Sheldon Cooper, Leonard Hofstadter, Raj Koothrappali, Amy Farrah Fowler, Bernadette Rostenkowski-Wolowitz and Howard Wolowitz. All of these characters are pretty shy, but then they all become friends and some of the characters eventually form relationships. All of the characters with the exception of Howard are all some form of scientists. Throughout the show’s 12 seasons, the characters navigate through life and relationships while focusing on their careers. This show is best known as a comedy for its ridiculously funny humor. 

The Last Song (Disney+)

“The Last Song” is another one of the most underrated Disney movies in my opinion. The movie is based on the book of the same name by Nicholas Sparks. It is considered a romantic drama and it is from 2010. It stars Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth as Ronnie and Will respectively. Ronnie and Will in the movie are the two main characters that fall in love throughout the movie. 

“The Last Song” tells the story of Ronnie who is a rebellious teenager throughout most of the movie. She spends the summer with her father who she is not very close with. It isn’t until she falls in love with Will that her softer side shows. However, with her staying with her dad all summer, she begins to mend their relationship. The movie deals with family and love.