Towers Literary Magazine opening submissions for Spring 2023 issue

By Rachel Cormier, News Reporter

Towers Literary Magazine is opening up submissions for their Spring 2023 issue. The magazine highlights the literary and artistic talents of NIU students towards a central focus with the annual theme being Maytime and new growth.

“Our goal is to promote original art and literature that reflect NIU’s unique and diverse student body across campus,” Vice President of Towers Magazine Daniel Jimenez said in a press release.

Jiménez also encourages students to incorporate current topics into their entries that represent personal or strong connections to the theme. Examples from the release included stories of struggles, women and gender empowerment along with cultural representation against resistance. A community pool of ideas outside of the annual theme is also encouraged.

Submissions can include many forms of writing and art from personal essays, poetry, short fiction, creative nonfiction, photography, illustrations, musical compositions, and more.

Anyone with questions or submissions can send them to [email protected] by April 24. Entries must be free from plagiarism and applicants cannot submit more than three entries. Any submissions sent past the due date will be put into a community pool and considered for the next Towers magazine issue.