Horoscopes: Music recommendations from Eilish to Eartha

Take ‘note’ of your feelings this week

The+symbols+for+each+sign+laid+out+in+a+circle+in+front+of+a+sunset.+This+weeks+horoscope+reveals+music+for+you+hidden+in+the+stars.+

Getty Images

The symbols for each sign laid out in a circle in front of a sunset. This week’s horoscope reveals music for you hidden in the stars.

By Abigail Lamoreaux, Chief Copy Editor

This week, every sign is receiving a song to fit their potential moods or goals as the moon and Mars move into Cancer. This is a time of bold decisions and dealing with fallout.

Aries (March 21 – April 20)

Your song: “Death By Glamour” by Toby Fox

Despite coming from a video game (“Undertale”), this song is an undeniable bop. Emulate and cultivate your fabulosity this week in your movement and words, just like the player character must do (at least in the pacifist and neutral routes) to defeat the boss attached to this song.

Taurus (April 21 – May 20)

Your song: “The Bannered Mare” by Jeremy Soule

This song from “Skyrim” is a gorgeous and nostalgic track that even non-gamers can appreciate. The comforting ambience in the strings and the predictable musical patterns make for an easy and relaxing listening experience, which you likely need right now.

Gemini (May 21 – June 21)

Your song: “How to Be a Heartbreaker” by MARINA

Feminine pop tracks like “How to Be a Heartbreaker” are all about living in your truth and experiencing life to the fullest. Even if you get into a little danger sometimes, you know that’s part of the fun. Hype yourself up and be ready for anything this week. 

Cancer (June 22 – July 22)

Your song: “8” by Billie Eilish

Do you feel like people look at you “like you’re see-through?” You’re welcome to live in the shallow despair this feeling may bring, but remember that there are people on your side, cheering you on. Maybe the problem is you just haven’t seen them yet.

Leo (July 23 – Aug. 23)

Your song: “Bicycle Race – Remastered 2011” by Queen

The powerhouse energy of Freddie Mercury is the kind of persona you may want to cultivate. Underneath this powerful facade, though, don’t you just wish that you had more free time in the day? In the meantime, find joy in the little things.

Virgo (Aug. 24 – Sept. 23)

Your song: “eating my computer” by elliotly

It’s possible that you might have an addiction to screens. Consider going outside more. “You see the red drip from my lips / I call this snack computer chips,” elliotly sings, perhaps as a wake-up call: there is more to life than social media, or even technology as a whole.

Libra (Sept. 24 – Oct. 23)

Your song: “Prefusify” by Cosmo Sheldrake

Cosmo Sheldrake’s music typically follows some sort of poetic or narrative structure, but this lyricless track is all about vibes. Maybe this week you just feel like dancing around and being goofy, and honestly, you deserve to express that side of yourself more often.

Scorpio (Oct. 24 – Nov. 22)

Your song: “I Hate the Weekend” by Tacocat

This song comes in strong and doesn’t let up with its driving beat until the end of its two-minute run. If you feel disappointed by society and its arbitrary rules and systems we all subconsciously agree to follow, “I Hate the Weekend” is for you.

Sagittarius (Nov. 23 – Dec. 21)

Your song: “I Want to Be Evil” by Eartha Kitt

Jazz as a genre seems to be losing popularity, but hopefully, with songs like Eartha Kitt’s “I Want to Be Evil,” this will change. If you find yourself entering a “villain era,” lean into it. Protect your physical environment and your mindset this week.

Capricorn (Dec. 22 – Jan. 20)

Your song: “Agoraphobia” by Autoheart

The bridge of this song is evocative of how you might be feeling this week: one line repeats, “I don’t really wanna go anywhere.” If this is true for you, embrace it. You know your boundaries best, and if you want to say no this week, say no.

Aquarius (Jan. 21 – Feb. 19)

Your song: “2 Be Loved (Am I Ready)” by Lizzo

Ask yourself the same questions as Lizzo in this song, and then ask yourself some more: “What else do I need besides love? Am I allowing myself to fully receive love from other people, specifically non-romantic partners?”

Pisces (Feb. 20 – March 20)

Your song: “Fly Around” by Bill Wurtz

Bill Wurtz is known for his odd songwriting style, and “Fly Around” is no exception. This song conveys hope and apprehension for the future, which you may find yourself feeling as the semester’s end – and finals – slowly creep toward us.