Ly snags second Golfer of the Week

Corey Rush

Then-sophomore Jasmine Ly takes a swing during the NCAA Ann Arbor Regional on May 9-11, 2022. Ly finished 12-over-par at the University of Michigan Golf Course in Ann Arbor, Michigan. (Corey Rush/EKU)

By Eddie Miller, Sports Reporter

DeKALB – Junior Jasmine Ly of NIU women’s golf earned her second MAC Golfer of the Week award after finishing tied for fifth place at the Pinetree Collegiate the MAC announced Thursday.

Ly opened the tournament shooting a 74 in the first round, but bounced back shooting her tournament low of 69 in the second round. 

Ly finished the third round shooting a 70 and finished the tournament shooting 213 in total, three under par. 

Ly took home NIU’s best individual finish at fifth place, tied with senior Meva Schmit of Kennesaw State University and sophomore Lily Hirst from the University of the Incarnate Word. Ly and the Huskies will compete in the BYU Intercollegiate, an all-day tournament stretching from Monday until Wednesday at Riverside Country Club in Provo, Utah. Live stats will be available on GolfStat