Zombie wasteland, beloved detective return next week

Cover image for singer-songwriter Mitski’s new album “The Land Is Inhospitable And So Are We.” This album will be her seventh studio album and will release on Sept. 15. (Dead Oceans via AP)

Reenter worlds discovered and enjoy a range of music next week. 

“The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon”

Beloved “The Walking Dead” character Daryl Dixon gets his own spinoff show, simply called “The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon,” which will premiere on Sunday on AMC. Return to the apocalyptic world as Daryl explores Europe, specifically France, in the hopes of finding peaceful human communities. The storyline is similar to “The Last Of Us” and “The Mandalorian” as Daryl’s quest is to bring a child, deemed as a savior, across the continent. Stories about zombies and finding a purpose in life have not died yet, and this show aims to prove that.

“The Land Is Inhospitable And So Are We”

Singer-songwriter Mitski continues the running theme of long album names with her seventh album titled “The Land Is Inhospitable And So Are We.” Releasing on all music streaming platforms on Sept. 15, Mitski’s new album will contain 11 tracks about love and what humans leave behind when they pass. On her website, she states that her vision for the album was to see hope and love being left behind in a barren wasteland, and the shining light people leave behind.

“A Haunting in Venice”

The time is post World War II Venice, and the city just got a bit spookier, as a murderer is on the loose. Spooky season has begun, and new horror movies will slowly be creeping up on us. Inspired by Agatha Christie’s novel “Hallowe’en Party,” “A Haunting in Venice” will feature the famed detective Hercule Poirot (Kenneth Branagh) as he gets involved in another murder mystery. The film contains lots of action-packed scenes and a cast starring Michelle Yeoh, Tina Fey and Jamie Dornan. Put your detective skills to the test and join Hercule Poirot in theaters on Sept. 15. 

“Revamped”

Demi Lovato releases her album “Revamped” on Sept. 15, the first of her albums which will contain only remixed songs. As the title suggests, her hit songs such as “Cool for the Summer” and “Give Your Heart a Break” will be revamped into groovy, rock-punk tracks. In an Instagram post, Lovato stated that she picked songs that have played the biggest roles in her career. The full tracklist hasn’t been announced yet, but fans can expect her old songs to appear on the album, bringing back memories of the 2010s. “Revamped” will be released on all music streaming platforms.