Join DeKalb for free music festival

The Hopkins Park Bandshell sits unattended on a cloudy day. On Sept. 23 The Burning Cicada Music Festival will be hosted at Hopkins Park. (Northern Star File Photo)

DeKalb – Enjoy a hot day out in the sun and gather with your local community for an annual music festival.

From 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sept. 23, Hopkins Park will host the Burning Cicada Arts and Music Picnic Festival, 1403 Sycamore Road. This event is a free music concert open to the public. 

Guests include Alex Degroovia, Renee Nanzer, Chaos A Chord, Zoe and Nolan, and more. The festival will highlight these musicians by conveying how art can be achieved through the use of sound. 

Zoe and Nolan will perform melodies that will represent 30 ethnic groups and that highlight Wisconsin’s folk heritage while Degroovia will create music based on his memories of moments he wishes to capture forever. This assorted range of music will have something for everyone to enjoy and reflect on. 

As the festival is in an open park with no food or drink vendors, attendees are encouraged to bring a picnic blanket and food. This event is for individuals who love to explore music created by the community and meet new people who share the same interests. 

Parking is free and can be found around the park, located at 1403 Sycamore Road. To learn more about the concert, visit the Burning Cicada website

Tickets are not required but for those who wish to reserve their spot can get them online.