Anticipate music, a movie and honor country next week

Matt Lang (left) and Tyler Joe Miller perform during the Canadian Country Music Awards in Hamilton, Ontario. The People’s Choice Country Music Awards will take place on Sept. 28 and will celebrate everything country. (Nick Iwanyshyn/The Canadian Press via AP)

The last week of September is almost here, so check out what the end of the month has to offer. 

“The Creator”

Anyone who’s been to the theaters recently has seen the trailer for the upcoming sci-fi film called “The Creator.” It’s set in an alternate future where artificial intelligence has dominated the world, and humans are trying to win the war they started. Gareth Edwards, well known for directing “Rogue One” and “Godzilla,” directs the movie. Based on the trailer, viewers can already get a taste of the high-stakes mission that’s going to take place and the stunning cinematography. For those who favor sci-fi and films about artificial intelligence taking over the world, see “The Creator” in theaters on Sept. 29. 

ED SHEERAN

Singer songwriter Ed Sheeran will release his seventh album on Sept. 29 called “Autumn Variations.” From his Instagram, Sheeran told fans the tracks will all be written about his friends, one friend for each song. The album cover consists of little black and white doodles of things that represent fall such as falling leaves, cold nights and going back to school. Anyone who is interested in pre-ordering his vinyl can do so on his website. Sheeran is releasing his autumn-themed album just in time for listeners to get into the feel and transition of the new season.   

PEOPLE’S CHOICE

Country fans listen up: The People’s Choice Country Awards are set to premiere at 8 p.m. Sept. 28 on NBC. This awards show will honor and celebrate country musicians and their impact on the genre. Nominees include Morgan Wallen, Luke Combs, Toby Keith and more. The show will take place at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, Tennessee, the heart of country music. Kelsea Ballerini, Dan + Shay and Blake Shelton are set to perform while the band Little Big Town is set to host this year’s People’s Choice Country Awards. Because the genre of country has branched out so much the past few decades, an awards show designed just to celebrate these artists can’t be missed if you’re a fan.