Films for the superstitious, Taylor Swift lovers

A screen still from the trailer for the film “Dark Harvest” depicts graffiti on a building warning those who walk by that ‘Sawtooth is coming.’ The film releases on Roku on Oct. 13 and tells a haunting story of a cursed midwestern town. (Courtesy of YouTube)

Friday the 13th has several superstitions around it, making the date known as one of caution and unease. Here are three films releasing on the next Friday the 13th, for your viewing pleasures. 

“TAYLOR SWIFT: THE ERAS TOUR”

Taylor Swift will take her Eras tour from stadiums to movie screens on Oct. 13. For the past few months, Swift has been a hot person to cover in the media. 

Her Eras tour has been a huge success and will continue to be as she makes her way out of the Americas and into Europe and Asia. Because of its success, the singer has her own concert film coming to not only screens in America, but worldwide. 

Fans who will not get the chance to go to her concert will have the chance to witness it, and those who have already gone and want to experience the magic that is Swift again can do so. Concert films are not new to Swift, as she has one from her 2018 Reputation tour which can be watched on Netflix. 

“DARK HARVEST”

Director David Slade will introduce the unknown Sawtooth Jack to the world on Oct. 13 in his movie “Dark Harvest.” 

Set in 1963, a demonic entity rises every year in a small town in Midwest America, forcing the townspeople to go on an annual hunt and slay the killer. The town is cursed, and the annual hunt curses the people who live in the town as the race to kill Sawtooth becomes a race of survival from each other. 

The trailer leaves viewers interested to see if main character Richie (Casey Likes) will break the cycle. “Dark Harvest” will only be available to be watched on Amazon Prime.

“DEAR DAVID”

To keep with the Friday the 13th theme, “Dear David” is another film that releases on that cursed date. The film has a unique origin, as it didn’t come from a book or a Hollywood writer, but rather from a tweet posted on Twitter awhile back from someone named Adam Ellis. Ellis tweeted how he believed a child ghost with evil intentions was haunting his apartment. 

The film follows Ellis’ story – a Buzzfeed cartoonist who gradually loses his sense for what is real as he documents his findings of the child ghost online, as well as his research for what happened to the child he supposedly sees. 

The film is a creepy tale that’s perfect for any horror fans, especially since this is based off of real, recent events – if you choose to believe that.