A mystery film, show coming out next week

A woman leans over a naked body in an alleyway in a scene from the trailer for “Bodies.” The series is a thrilling, Netflix crime drama and will be released Oct. 20. (YouTube)

Keep an eye out for a historical drama film, detectives untangling a decades-long murder and a new album next week. 

“Killers of the Flower Moon”

Based on the book by David Grann, “Killers of the Flower Moon” will follow the homicide investigation of the Osage tribe in the 1920s and the birth of the FBI. The Osage tribe settled on land that was rich in oil; and soon after, they started turning up dead. The film will tell the true story, the one that white Americans tried covering up for so long.

The film will have a run time of a whopping three hours and 26 minutes and will be released in theaters on Oct. 20.  

“One More Time…”

Blink-182 consists of the trio Tom DeLonge, Travis Barker and Mark Hoppus. For the first time since 2019, the trio will release a new album titled “One More Time…” on Oct. 20. The tracklist has already been released, and there will be 17 songs on the album. A video that was posted on the band’s YouTube channel Sept. 18 shows the band talking about how the album came to be while a montage of them performing cuts in and out. 

“‘One More Time…’ is kind of written about, like, why does it take these catastrophes like me being in a plane crash or Mark being sick for our band to get back together,” Barker said in the video. 

“One More Time…” can be listened to on all music streaming platforms Oct. 20.

“Bodies”

Taking place over 150 years in a changing London, the Netflix series “Bodies” follows four detectives as they unravel a conspiracy theory surrounding a dead body. Based on the graphic novel of the same name by Si Spencer, the four detectives, in the separate time periods of 1890, 1940, 2014 and 2050, each go on a thrilling crime hunt that links back to the past. Anyone who enjoys mystery with a side of drama, “Bodies” may be the show for you. 

The series will contain eight episodes, each being an hour long. “Bodies” will be released only on Netflix starting Oct. 19.