Taylor Swift album, game adaptation film release next week

A person dresses as Freddy Fazbear from the game Five Nights at Freddy’s during New York Comic Con. The game’s movie adaptation of the same name releases in theaters Oct. 27. (Photo by Charles Sykes/Invision/AP)

Spend a weekend at the theaters, or get your headphones ready for Taylor Swift’s new album.

“Spirited Away”

Studio Ghibli Fest ends its months-long film showings with “Spirited Away” in select theaters on Oct. 28 through Nov. 1. 

Studio Ghibli Fest started in March and has brought 10 fan favorite Ghibli films to the big screen. “Spirited Away” is arguably the most acclaimed film, as it won an Academy Award back in 2003. Lovers of Studio Ghibli or those who have never seen the movie should take the opportunity to witness the studio’s co-founder, Hayao Miyazaki’s, brilliant animation and character design on the big screen. 

Even though the movie is catered to children, the fantasy elements as well as the life lessons will spark intrigue in most viewers. 

“Five Nights At Freddy’s”

The long awaited FNAF film finally hits theaters on Oct. 27. The film is based on the games of the same name, created by Scott Cawthon, who ended up working alongside the director of the movie. 

Game to movie adaptations always sound promising when the creator works alongside the producers, writers and director. Josh Hutcherson plays main character Mike Schmidt, a security guard who works the night shifts at the abandoned Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzeria, a Chuck E. Cheese-like place full of animatronic mascots. 

As Schmidt makes his rounds of the pizzeria, lights flicker, he hears unexplainable noises and the rides turn on without his prompting. Schmidt soon learns children have gone missing in the pizzeria before it shut down, and he seeks to uncover the truth of the missing children and the unexplainable events. 

“1989 (Taylor’s Version)”

Taylor Swift’s re-recorded “1989” album will be released on Oct. 27. Starting in 2021, Swift has been rereleasing her albums to own the rights to these new songs. “1989” originally came out in 2014 and featured popular hits like “Shake It Off,” “Blank Space” and “Style.” The re-released version, titled Taylor’s Version, will feature all her original songs that were on the album in 2014 but will also include five vault tracks, which are unreleased songs she has written. 

As well as new songs, the album cover has also changed to represent this new “era” of herself. The original “1989” cover was a polaroid of Swift, with her neck and face cut off. Now, the cover is of Swift smiling as she turns her head, surrounded by seagulls flying behind her. Swifties will be able to listen to “1989 (Taylor’s Version)” on all music streaming platforms.