Men’s golf adds four high-ranking golfers for the 2024-25 season

DeKALB – NIU men’s golf is bolstering its 2024-25 roster with the signings of four accomplished high school golfers, including the top-ranked high school golfer in Illinois by the American Junior Golf Association (AJGA), Jake Mulligan of Hinsdale Central High School.

Mulligan played a key role in delivering three consecutive West Suburban Silver conference championships to Hinsdale Central. He ranks #297 nationally by Junior Golf Scoreboard (JGS) and competed in the Junior PGA Championship.

Beau Petersen of Gretna High School also joins the NIU men’s golf team after winning the Nebraska State Junior Championship last summer. Petersen ranked second in the state of Nebraska by AJGA and third by JGA.

NIU signed two more high-ranking golfers from Illinois as well, Patrick Raupp of Prospect High School and Conner McCall of Vandalia Community High School. 

Raupp ranks seventh in the state by both AJGA and JGS. McCall ranks sixth by AJGA and 11th by JGA.

NIU men’s golf head coach John Carlson shared his excitement for the signings.

“We’ve never brought players in that have won so many times at the junior level,” Carlson said. “They’re bringing in a championship pedigree already into a program that is loaded with talent.”

The Huskies finished in the top 10 in all five of their men’s golf events for the 2023 fall season. Men’s golf will resume with the start of the 2024 spring on Feb. 26 for the Lake Las Vegas Invitational in Henderson, Nevada.