Student Government Association Treasurer announced

Ethan Pesavento, a sophomore operations management and information systems major stands smiling. Pesavento won treasurer for the Student Government Association with 114 votes. (Courtesy of Ethan Pesavento)

DeKALB – Ethan Pesavento has been named the 2024-2025 Student Government Association treasurer after a run-off election.

Students were allowed to vote from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday at the Holmes Student Center for the runoff election. 

Pesavento received 114 votes and ran on the NIU United ticket.

Ryan Kramer, who ran on the NIU Unity ticket, received 110 votes.

Pesavento was running against Kramer and Venkata Madabattula in the initial election.

After the initial election results, a tie was called between Pesavento and Kramer.

“If no candidate shall receive a majority, then the votes will be allocated as determined by the ranked for those candidates until one candidate received a majority. If a tie still persists then a run-off election for the remaining two candidates shall be held,” according to Part II Article 7 Section 4 Part A of the SGA Bylaws.

Pesavento was originally excluded from the initial election ballot but after a Supreme Court ruling on March 25 he was added to the final two days of the ballot.

The NIU United Ticket was voted in for all four executive SGA spots for the 2024-2025 school year.