Men’s golf ties for 7th at Robert Kepler Intercollegiate

Jessica Burda
Junior Felix Krammer watches his shot at the Badger Invitational in October of 2023. NIU men’s golf finished tied for seventh out of 18 teams at the Robert Kepler Intercollegiate on Sunday. (Northern Star File Photo)

NIU men’s golf wrapped up the Robert Kepler Intercollegiate Sunday, finishing tied for seventh place out of 18 teams. 

The Huskies kicked off the tournament with a score of 296 in the first round and improved in each of the next rounds. NIU shot 295 strokes in the second round and finished the tournament shooting 292 strokes in the third round. 

Junior Ben Sluzas headlined the Huskies’ lineup, finishing tied for 18th-place. Sluzas completed the first frame with a score of 74, followed by a score of 75 in the second round. Sluzas rounded out the tournament with his best score of the day, shooting a 71. 

Junior Felix Krammer and graduate student Zach Place shared the Huskies next best finish with each tying for 27th place. A score of 77 in the first round took Place, but he improved to a score of 72 in the second round and finished with a score of 73 in the third round. Krammer shot a 74 in each of the three rounds. 

Freshman Craig Long II keyed the Huskies’ fourth-best finish, tying for 38th place. Long shot a 76 in the first round and finished the tournament with a score of 74 in each of the last two rounds. 

Tying for 57th place, sophomore Ian Bruchhauser rounded out the Huskies’ lineup. Bruchhauser kicked off the tournament with his best score, 72 in the first round, but was sabotaged by a score of 80 in the second round. Bruchhauser left the tournament shooting 74 strokes in the third round. 

UP NEXT 

The Huskies’ next tournament is the MAC Championship, stretching from Friday through Sunday at the Club at Chatham Hills in Westfield, Indiana.