Info on MBA degree to be provided

By Michelle D. Isaacson

Students who want a Master’s of Business Administration degree can obtain information at an MBA Forum in Chicago this weekend.

The forum, sponsored by the Graduate Management Admission Council, will be held at the Palmer House, 17 E. Monroe St., Chicago, and requires a registration fee of $5, which is payable at the door. The forum is from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Friday and from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.

The purpose of the forum is to help students determine whether the MBA degree would be useful to them and identify the schools that would best fit their individual needs.

Rose Emily Tardugno, assistant national forum coordinator, said representatives from 106 local, regional and international schools will be at the forum to discuss the MBA program at their schools.

Discussion with the representatives will focus on entrance requirements, selection of school and curriculum, financial aid available, the graduate school experience and career options.

Tardugno said three workshops also will be available during the forum. A workshop titled “The MBA and You” will include information on how to select a graduate management program, how admission decisions are made and the experience of working toward an MBA on a full- or part-time basis.

At the MBA Careers Workshop, placement officers and corporate representatives will present information on career opportunities for MBA graduates with specific corporate functions such as marketing, finance, human resource management and manufacturing.

A Doctoral Programs Workshop will focus on the role of a professor, advancement within the academic field, the variety of disciplines to be taught and the availability of MBA employment.

Information about doctoral studies also will be presented, including prerequisites, school selection, application procedures, financial aid and curricula.

Students will receive admission materials, catalogs and a free booklet, “The MBA and You.”