Upcoming events: week of Aug. 26

By Northern Star Staff

Tuesday

• University Honors Program Welcome Back BBQ: Honors students and staff are invited to attend a catered barbecue to meet new honors students and catch up with returning students. The barbecue is from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Campus Life Building, Room 100.

Wednesday

• IGNITE! Part-Time Job Fair: Local businesses will be on campus to promote local involement and job oppurtunities. The groups will be on campus from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Barsema Hall Atrium. The IGNITE program employs students to work 20 hours per week for $10 an hour.
  • Undocumented Student Support Open House: Students are invited to stop in the Undocucemented Students office for light refreshments and to meet one another. Allies are also welcome. The open house will be from noon to 1 p.m. and 5 to 6 p.m. in the Campus Life Building, Room 235.
  • Free! S’mores Open House: Outdoor Adventures will be offering free s’mores along with a tour of their facilities and equipment 3 to 6 p.m. at the Student Recreation Center. Try crate climbing on Court 4.

Thursday

• Meet and Eat: The Gender and Sexuality Resource Center is hosting a free event for students to come mingle and tour the center. There will be lunch served, as well as an ice cream social hosted by the Presidential Commission on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity. The event is open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Arndt House.
  • Gather in the Gardens: Students are encouraged to visit the gardens on the east side of Anderson. The NIU Communiversity Garden is providing tours and also volunteer oppurtinities for students to be a part of the weekly harvests. The event will take place from 3 to 6 p.m.

Friday