Stress-Free Events For Finals

By Jay Ibarra

Tackling final exams is stressful, but there are many resources on campus to help you de-stress like going to one of NIU’s planned events, visiting therapy dogs or coloring.

“Don’t Stress the Test”

The NIU Honor House will host a “Don’t Stress the Test” event for all students from 4-7 p.m. today in the Campus Life Building, Room 100. The beach-theme event will include food and games. This is a good opportunity for students to meet up one last time before finals to wind down with some fun and food.

“De-stress Fest”

To kick off finals week, for students who are first-generation college students, there will be a “De-Stress Fest” event at 6 p.m. today at Stevenson North. This event will be held by Counseling and Consultation Services. Therapy dogs, massage chairs, coloring, arts and crafts and free food will be at the event.

“Coloring To Calm”

A great way to reduce the stress and anxiety of finals is to rip out a coloring page and let your imagination go wild. If you’re at the Founders Memorial Library and think your brain could use a break, coloring supplies will be available 7:30 a.m. to midnight, Monday through Friday. Crayons and coloring pages can be found on the first floor lobby.

Founders Memorial Library dogs

If you want to reduce finals anxiety, Newfoundland dogs Gladus and Shurlee will be in the lobby of the Founders Memorial Library 3:30-5 p.m. Tuesday and 6-7:30 p.m. Wednesday. Just a few minutes with these two dogs might make you happier and ease your mind before you take your exams.