Police Report: July 25 to Aug 7

By Northern Star Staff

Clarification: In Monday’s issue of the Northern Star, a police report indicated on Aug. 6 Jacob Adams, 25, of Hinckley, was charged with possession of cannabis 30 grams and under and possession of drug equipment reported to have occurred at Phi Kappa Theta, 910 W. Hillcrest Drive. Adams is not a member of the fraternity, and NIU police said the arrest was made outside of the fraternity house.

The following was taken directly from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proved guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

July 25

• At 9 p.m. July 24, criminal trespass to state-supported land and theft $500 and under was reported to have occurred at Swen Parson Hall. This case was opened July 25.

July 26

• At 12:30 a.m., illegal possession of alcohol by a minor was reported to have occurred at 1089 Aspen Court. This case was closed by exception.

• At 2:30 a.m., criminal damage to government-supported property was reported to have occurred at Lot 12. This case was suspended.

• At 1:50 p.m., Kyle Riley, 29, of Sleepy Hollow, was arrested on an in-state warrant reported to have occurred at 500 Russell Road.

July 27

• At 4:07 a.m., Pedro Mora-Aburto, 21, of DeKalb, was charged with possession of cannabis 30 grams and under reported to have occurred at 1400 Twombly Road.

July 28

• At 10:53 a.m. May 2, credit card fraud was reported to have occurred at Douglas Hall. This case was suspended on July 28.

July 29

• At 11:30 p.m. July 28, possession of cannabis 30 grams and under was reported to have occurred at Loren Drive and Annie Glidden Road. At 12:18 a.m. July 29, Ricky Smith, 27, of DeKalb, was arrested.

• At 1 p.m. July 28, theft $500 and under was reported to have occurred at 830 Edgebrook Drive. This case was opened July 29.

July 30

• At 3 p.m. July 11, theft $500 and under was reported to have occurred at the Holmes Student Center. At 2 p.m. July 30, Joseph Guzzo, 23, of Geneva, was arrested.

• At 3 p.m. July 23, theft $500 and under was reported to have occurred at Anderson Hall. This case was suspended July 30.

• At 9:21 p.m., Christian Seals, 22, of Dolton, was charged with possession of cannabis 30 grams and under reported to have occurred at 900 W. Lincoln Highway.

July 31

• At 3:34 a.m., Deandre Massie, 32, of Ullin, was arrested on an in-state warrant reported to have occurred at 1000 Crane Drive.

• At 2 p.m. July 30, theft from a motor vehicle was reported to have occurred at Gabel Hall. This case was opened July 31.

• At 10:48 p.m., Lamonte Moore, 21, of DeKalb, was charged with criminal trespass to real property reported to have occurred at University Village, 630 N. Annie Glidden Road.

Aug. 1

• At 3:17 a.m. July 31, possession of cannabis 30 grams and under was reported to have occurred at 1000 Crane Drive. This case was closed by exception Aug. 1.

• At 2:32 a.m., Nicholas Valdez, 22, of Chicago, was charged with possession of cannabis more than 30 grams and possession of drug equipment reported to have occurred at Deerpath Lane and Knolls Street.

• At 1 p.m. July 31, theft of lost or mislaid property was reported to have occurred at Graham Hall. This case was opened Aug. 1.

• On July 28, credit card fraud was reported to have occurred at 395 Wirtz Drive. This case was opened Aug. 1.

• At 9 p.m., possession of cannabis more than 30 grams and possession of drug equipment were reported to have occurred at Stevenson North. This case was opened Aug. 1.

• At 10 p.m., possession of drug equipment was reported to have occurred at Normal Road and Lucinda Avenue. This case was closed by exception Aug. 2.

Aug. 2

• At 1:53 a.m., Drake Burns, 21, of DeKalb, was charged with battery and obstructing justice reported to have occurred at Normal Road and High Terrace.

• At 4:37 a.m., Quinn Bell, 27, of DeKalb, was charged with all other disorderly conduct and resisting, obstructing and disarming an officer reported to have occurred at the Holmes Student Center.

Aug. 4

• At 5:12 p.m., Trevor Hardin, 19, of Aurora, and Elliot Salther, 18, of Broadview, were charged with unlawful use of a weapon and possession of cannabis 30 grams and under and Danton Shelton, 19, of Chicago, and Kewon Brown, 20, of Broadview, were charged with possession of cannabis 30 grams and under, reported to have occurred at University Village, 915 Crane Drive.

• At 8:16 p.m. July 27, criminal damage to property was reported to have occurred at the Holmes Student Center. This case was suspended Aug. 4.

• At 7 p.m., theft over $500 was reported to have occurred at Founders Memorial Library. This case is open.

• At 6:45 p.m., disorderly conduct was reported to have occurred at the Holmes Student Center. This case was suspended.

Aug. 5

• At 4:55 p.m. May 7, theft more than $500 was reported to have occurred at Grant North. This case was suspended Aug. 5.

Aug. 6

• At 1 p.m. July 31, theft of lost or mislaid property was reported to have occurred at Graham Hall. This case was declared unfounded Aug. 6.

• At 1:50 a.m. Aug. 2, criminal damage to property was reported to have occurred at Normal Road and High Terrace. This case was opened Aug. 6.

• At 2:35 a.m., Derick Sims, 24, of Chicago, was arrested on an in-state warrant reported to have occurred at 823 Kimberly Drive.

• At 3:02 a.m., Jacob Adams, 25, of Hinckley, was charged with possession of cannabis 30 grams and under and possession of drug equipment reported to have occurred at Phi Kappa Theta, 910 W. Hillcrest Drive.

Aug. 7

• At 4 p.m. Aug. 6, fraud was reported to have occurred at Lowden Hall. This case was opened Aug. 7.

• At 10:46 a.m., theft $500 and under was reported to have occurred at Watson Hall. This case is open.

• At 11:06 p.m., Randle Carr, 34, of Chicago, was arrested on an in-state warrant and obstructing identification reported to have occurred at Welsh Park, 651 Russell Road.