Pass/Fail: Campus Rec to stay open longer, Spring break is tough to get over

By Danny Cozzi

Pass: Campus Rec to stay open longer

The Student Recreation Center is set to extend its operating hours starting Monday according to an NIU Today release.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like I plan on taking advantage of the extended times. I accepted long ago who I am: a man who gets his exercise exclusively from walking to the kitchen.

I’m not about to change that just because the Rec wanted to make staying in shape more convenient. But, for students who care about their well-being, I’m happy they have the opportunity to continue their healthy lifestyle.

As a vegetarian, my health consciousness extends only as far as my diet. It could be worse, right?

Fail: Spring break is tough to get over

I don’t know about you, but this week has felt like the longest of my entire life, and it’s not even over yet.

But the real tragedy is I let myself fall into a seven-day haze of watching movies, wearing pajamas all day and taking naps with a four-hour minimum length.

Going from waking up on average at noon to waking up every morning at 8 a.m. didn’t have to be so difficult. But, like the lazy couch-dweller I am, I took full advantage of having a week of very little responsibility.

I flirted with relaxation for a full seven days and I am paying dearly for it. Come graduation I’ll have to get a job and wake up early forever. God, help me.